WE tv Renews 'Bridezillas,' Orders Spinoff 'Marriage Bootcamp'
In addition, the network's "My Fair Wedding With David Tutera" has also been picked up for a rebooted sixth season.
WE tv is doubling down on Bridezillas.
The AMC-owned cabler has renewed signature series Bridezillas for a 10th season of 22 episodes and ordered a spinoff of the show, titled Marriage Bootcamp: Bridezillas, the network announced Thursday.
Additionally, WE tv has picked up My Fair Wedding With David Tutera for a revamped sixth season, where it will join Bridezillas and its spinoff on the network's summer schedule under its new title: David Tutera Unveiled.
"WE tv is gearing up for an unforgettable summer of entertaining and indulgent original shows,” WE tv senior vp original production and development Lauren Gellert said in a statement. "We're excited to bring back some of the all-time favorite zillas in Marriage Bootcamp, an emotionally charged and highly dramatic new show, while we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the wedding show that started it all -- Bridezillas -- and showcase a fresh take on David Tutera that audiences haven't seen before."
The nine hourlong episodes of Marriage Bootcamp will follow five bridezillas trying to save their marriages while living under one roof. The couples will undergo a two-week boot camp run by husband and wife counselors Jim and Elizabeth Carroll, who will be joined by counselors Dana Hamman and David Bishop. The series hails from Thinkfactory Media and September Films, the production company behind Bridezillas. Adam Freeman, Adam Reed, Moriah Muse and Leslie Grief will exec produce for Thinkfactory, while September's Bridezillas EPs Laura Halperin and David Green will serve in the same capacity on the spinoff. Suzanne Murch will oversee both Bridezillas and Marriage Bootcamp.
David Tutera Unveiled -- which received an order of eight hourlong installments -- features the wedding and party planner and his staff planning extravagant bashes including an Alice in Wonderland-themed wedding, a bat mitzvah and a supersized Sweet 16. The series is produced by Pilgrim Studios, with Craig Piligian and Melodie Calvert on board as EPs. Kate Farrell oversees for WE tv.
The Bridezillas spinoff joins a growing WE tv slate that includes Braxton Family Values, Mary Mary and Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!