'White Collar,' 'Covert Affairs' Hit Season Highs; 'Royal Pains' Rises in Ratings
"Necessary Roughness" retained nearly all of its audience from the series launch.
Fresh off picking up Common Law to series earlier this week, USA Network continued on its ratings roll with its current summer slate.
Viewers didn't seem to be stuck in a post-4th of July lull on Tuesday, with new episodes of White Collar (4.2 million total viewers) and Covert Affairs (4.8 million) hitting season highs in total tune-in. In the 18-49 and 25-54 adult demographics, Collar and Affairs improved as well.
The network announced on Thursday that Collar fans would be able to vote to either revert back to the opening title sequence or keep the new one in a contest ending Wednesday, July 13.
On Wednesday, Royal Pains also rose in viewership (up 0.3 percent; 5 million), though just slightly in the latter category. The telecast was cable's No. 1 program in 18-49 (up 11 percent, 2 million), 25-54 (up 7 percent, 2.2 million) and viewers for the night.
USA attributed the ratings improvement to a multitude of things, including lessened competition on the broadcast side with The Voice ending last week, a 4th of July Pains marathon and viewers adjusting to the medical drama's new date and time.
Following Pains at 10 p.m. rookie therapy drama Necessary Roughness (4.4 million) retained nearly all of its audience from the series launch a week earlier. In the 18-49 (1.7 million) and 25-54 (1.9 million) demos, the hourlong continued to have at least a 91-percent hold versus the premiere.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian is the 'Hottest Coach Ever'!