Whitney Houston's Sister-in-Law to Oprah: She Was 'Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places' (Video)
In an OWN first look preview from "Oprah's Next Chapter," Patricia Houston says she feared the late singer's lifestyle would catch up with her.
On Sunday’s Oprah’s Next Chapter, Oprah Winfrey interviews Whitney Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, and family members for the first time since the iconic singer’s death.
In a new preview from the interview, Whitney’s manager and sister-in-law Patricia Houston looks back at the path the singer was taking before her unexpected death.
“The handwriting was kind of on the wall. I would be kidding myself to say otherwise,” Patricia answers after Oprah asked if she thought that drugs would take Whitney in the end.
But then, Patricia would say that things were changing for the star toward the end of her life and that drugs weren’t the ultimate cause of her death.
“It wasn't about substance abuse or anything like that,” she tells the host. “I think it was -- it was just more of a lifestyle. I was afraid for other things… You know, I saw her chasing a dream, you know, looking for love in all the wrong places.”
Watch the preview below.
What do you think Patricia means by her statements? Tell us in the comments section below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR