'Whitney' First Look: 'Monty Python's' John Cleese Plays Doctor (Video)
The veteran actor guest stars on Wednesday's episode as a relationship therapist with a unique method for helping the pair.
The doctor is in on Wednesday’s episode of NBC’s Whitney: Monty Python’s and A Fish Called Wanda’s John Cleese enters the fold to hand out some relationship advice.
Whitney (Whitney Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia) are hitting a rough patch in their relationship (which means they’re more snarky and irritable than usual). Whitney’s relationship with her co-worker Craig is getting uncomfortably close for Alex, so they search out some counseling.
Enter couples therapist Dr. Grant (Cleese), who serves up a unique brand of treatment after identifying the problem. His at-home exercises, which are meant to improve Whitney and Alex’s communication and intimacy, make for some awkward moments for the pair.
Watch The Hollywood Reporter’s first look at Cleese on Whitney below.
Whitney airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)