'Who Do You Think You Are?' First Look: Blair Underwood Stages an African Family Reunion (Video)
In THR's first look clip, "The Event" actor traces his roots back to Cameroon where he still has relatives.
When Who Do You Think You Are? returns on Friday, Blair Underwood undertakes the journey to discover his ancestors. And The Hollywood Reporter has a first look at one of his startling discoveries.
Tracing one’s history back is already a difficult task for anybody, but it can be even tougher for black Americans. As a result of the slave trade, recordkeeping from the time period could be scarce, destroyed, and nonexistent.
The Event and In Treatment actor has apparently tried to trace his family’s ancestry back before, but he has hit roadblocks in his efforts. But, a DNA testing project has finally opened new doors for African-Americans searching for their history. And Underwood is able to track his family’s history back to Cameroon in west central Africa where his relatives still live.
Watch as the actor has an emotional reunion with his family in Cameroon in THR’s first look video below.
Who Do You Think You Are? airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR