Martin Sheen Discovers Irish Activist Roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Premiere (Video)
When the NBC documentary series returns on Friday, the actor discovers what side his uncle really fought on in Ireland's War of Independence.
Celebrated actor Martin Sheen aka Ramon Estevez kicks off the third season of NBC’s documentary series, Who Do You Think You Are? on Friday when he investigates his Irish and Spanish roots.
Part of that journey finds him tracing back to his uncle’s role in the Irish War of Independence. Sheen discovers that the family’s stories of his uncle’s participation in Ireland’s civil war were right, but they were wrong on one important detail: The side of the war he fought on. Sheen discovers that his uncle was a member of the IRA.
A longtime social activist himself who has been arrested several times during protests, Sheen finds some similarities and pride in the lengths his uncle went to during the war for Ireland’s independence.
In addition to Sheen, the third season features Marisa Tomei, Blair Underwood, Reba McEntire, Rob Lowe, Helen Hunt, Rita Wilson, Edie Falco, Rashida Jones, Jerome Bettis, Jason Sudeikis and Paula Deen.
Watch The Hollywood Reporter’s first look video from the premiere below.
Season 3 of Who Do You Think You Are? premieres Friday at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR