'SNL's' Jason Sudeikis Digs Up Family Secrets on 'Who Do You Think You Are?' (Exclusive Video)
THR has a first look at the "Saturday Night Live" player unearthing some unexpected history about his grandparents on Friday's episode of the NBC documentary series.
Saturday Night Live star Jason Sudeikis discovers some startling family secrets that may have been swept under the rug on Friday’s episode of NBC’s Who Do You Think You Are?.
The 36-year-old actor takes the plunge into his family’s history on the documentary series and he’ll be shocked by what he finds. One of the first familial trails he’ll follow is that of his paternal grandfather. He died when Sudeikis’ father was still a child, leaving his grandmother with their two children. But upon some digging, the actor finds out that he was absent from their lives way before his passing.
In The Hollywood Reporter’s first look at the episode, it seems as if Sudeikis’ grandmother chose to keep several details of her marriage a secret. But, court documents will reveal a startlingly different image of the actor's grandfather than the one he had grown up with.
That’s really only the beginning of his journey as the star continues looking into his family’s history, which includes roots in America’s coal mines and a connection to Lithuania.
Watch the preview below.
Who Do You Think You Are? airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack