'Will & Grace's' Kari Lizer Gets Second Pilot Order
ABC is moving forward with a multicamera comedy about a female executive forced to adjust to being a full-time mom after she finds herself unemployed.
Kari Lizer has made it two-for-two this development season.
ABC has given pilot orders to an untitled comedy from the former Will & Grace scribe less than a week after NBC moved forward with Lizer's best friend project.
Lizer's ABC muticamera project, which hails from Warner Bros. Television, revolves around Hilary Pfeiffer-Dunne, a high-powered executive who has ruled corporate America and is forced to adjust to the challenges of serving as a full-time mom to her two teenagers after she finds herself unemployed.
Her NBC multicamera project, meanwhile, revolves around two friends, Nicole and Jen, who lead vastly different lives who can't live without one another. Nicole has a perfect family and a trouble-free pregnancy; while Jen has a strained relationship with her family, trouble with men and gained weight while on a diet.
NBC opted to pass on moving forward with Lizer's half-hour workplace comedy starring Sarah Paulson in May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR