ABC's 'Wipeout' Renewed for Sixth Season
Jill Wagner will return as co-host of the reality series.
Wipeout is coming back for another season.
The ABC reality series has been picked up for a sixth round with Jill Wagner returning as co-host. Season six is slated to air during the 2012-13 television season and will include Wipeout's landmark 100th episode. Vanessa Minnillo had replaced Wagner as host for season five.
“I’m thrilled that we will hit a major milestone in our sixth season, our 100th episode. We’ll be celebrating all season long with brand new over-the-top courses and the return of Jill Wagner to the Wipeout family,” said Matt Kunitz, creator and executive producer.
Wipeout follows 24 players who compete in an obstacle course designed to showcase the best body flips, biggest splashes and wipeouts as they vie for the $50,000 grand prize.
John Anderson (SportsCenter) and John Henson (Talk Soup) will return as well.
Matt Kunitz (Fear Factor) and Scott Larsen serve as executive producers of the Endemol USA show, with Kevin Wehrenberg, Trice Barto and J. Rupert Thompson as co-executive producers.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)