'Wipeout': Vanessa Minnillo Tapped as Co-Host, Renewed for Season 5
Jill Wagner will be leaving the ABC reality series after the summer edition.
ABC has renewed Wipeout for a fifth season.
In addition, the reality series has tapped Vanessa Minnillo as its new co-host, currently hosted by John Anderson, John Henson and Jill Wagner. Wagner will leave following the end of the summer season.
The fifth season pickup includes winter and summer editions of Wipeout for the 2011-12 television season.
“We will miss Jill, but are thrilled to welcome Vanessa to the team and excited to bring her enthusiasm to the show. She is a great host with a fun and natural energy that our viewers will love,” said Wipeout creator and executive producer Matt Kunitz.
Minnillo has a hosting background, serving as an MTV VJ on Total Request Live and ABC's True Beauty. She has also hosted several MTV specials and was a correspondent on Entertainment Tonight. Her fiance Nick Lachey hosts NBC's The Sing-Off, which returns this fall at 8 p.m. on Monday nights.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR