'Without a Trace's' Eric Close Joins ABC Musical Drama Pilot 'Nashville'
He'll co-star as the loyal husband to the music superstar in the project from "Thelma & Louise's" Callie Khouri.
Former Without a Trace star Eric Close is headed to Nashville.
The actor, whose credits include FX's American Horror Story, has been tapped to co-star on the ABC drama pilot from Thelma & Louise scribe Callie Khouri, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The family soap, set against the backdrop of the Nashville music scene, revolves around one star at her peak and another on the rise.
Close will play Teddy, the loyal and handsome husband of the as yet uncast 40-year-old Nashville superstar Rayna. Heroes' Hayden Panettiere will play Juliette, the rising star with whom Rayna teams on a tour as her own album sales are struggling.
Khouri and R.J. Cutler will write and executive produce the drama project, which hails from ABC Studios, Lionsgate and Gaylord Entertainment. The latter's Steve Buchanan will serve as an executive producer, with Cutler directing the pilot.
Close played Hugo Langdon, the husband to Jessica Lange's Constance, on FX's American Horror Story. He's repped by Gersh, Untitled Entertainment and Sutton, Barth.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR