'Wizards of Waverly Place' Series Finale Is Franchise's Most-Watched Episode
"Jessie" and "Fish Hooks" capitalized on the strong finish for the Selena Gomez-led comedy, hitting series highs.
Selena Gomez and her friends on Wizards of Waverly Place signed off in style, setting Disney Channel's record for the most-watched finale ever.
Friday evening's special one-hour telecast of the series boasted 9.8 million total viewers from 8-9 p.m., topping CBS' A Gifted Man in the hour for viewership by nearly 1.5 million. Easily the franchise's most-watched episode, the closer also set series bests among kids 6-11 (4.2 million) and tweens 9-14 (3.8 million).
Notably, the Wizards of Waverly Place finale is the current TV season's most-watched cable telecast among scripted programs. For a point of reference, the comedy has usually hovered around the 4 million mark during its four-season run.
With a big boost from its lead-in, Jessie and Fish Hooks followed with series highs in their respective time periods (9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.) in all key categories. Jessie notched 7.6 million for its episode, while Fish Hooks averaged 4.4 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)