Fox Slots 'Glee' Encores in Place of Postponed World Series Game
Game 6 between the St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers has been rescheduled for Thursday.
Baseball fans anticipating Game 6 of the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Texas Rangers will have to wait one more day.
Due to ugly weather in St. Louis, tonight's Cardinals-Rangers matchup has been rescheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET on Thursday. In place of baseball, Fox will air back-to-back encores of Glee: "The Rocky Horror Glee Show" at 8 p.m. and "Silly Love Songs" at 9 p.m.
If a deciding Game 7 is necessary, that has been scheduled for the same time on Friday, which would create an interesting ratings smackdown with NBC rolling out new fairy tale procedural Grimm and the final season of Chuck.
Texas currently leads the series 3-2.
This isn't the first time this baseball postseason the broadcast schedule has been rejiggered. Rain delayed Game 4 of the American League Championship Series a few hours on Wednesday, Oct. 12, prompting Fox to push the episode of X Factor to the following night at 8 p.m. The episode originally scheduled to air Thursday, Oct. 13 was broadcast on Sunday, Oct. 16.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR