Britney Spears and Demi Lovato Show Nicer Side in New 'X Factor' Promo (Video)
Footage of the second season additions has previously dwelled on harsher critiques of the show's latest crop of hopefuls.
The X Factor wants curious fans to know that Britney Spears and Demi Lovato intend on being very fair in their treatment of the upcoming season's contestants.
Following clips of the duo cutting off singers mid-performance and disagreeing over who should make it on to the next round, Spears and Lovato are all smiles in Fox's latest promo.
"I feel like my judging style is very subtle," says Spears. "I try to use constructive criticism. "
Spears does get in a jab at one contestant -- and a raised brow from Simon Cowell -- towards the end of the clip, but Lovato keeps it positive.
"I would say that I'm a happy judge," she says. "I'm really honest."
It paints a slightly different picture than the one a lighthearted Cowell painted for reporters during the recent Television Critics Association Summer press tour. The show's lead judge called Spears "quite mean" and referred to Lovato as "a brat."
Watch the full video below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR