'X Factor' Winner Melanie Amaro Premieres New Single (Audio)
The champion's debut album, coming this fall, features tracks produced by Rodney Jerkins and Tricky Stewart.
Eight months after her victory on The X Factor, Melanie Amaro has released her first single, "Don't Fail Me Now."
The song, written by Livvi Franc (who's also written for Britney Spears, Michael Jackson) and produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins (a veteran of Lady Gaga and Britney Spears tracks), is the first song from her soon-to-be released debut on Epic Records. It is described as an uplifting account of Amaro's road to success, with the lyrics: "I've paid my dues, I've paid the price, I've prayed for you almost every night...I've walked the longest road so don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now."
The 20-year-old, who won the $5 million prize as well as a record deal with Epic Records/Syco, collaborated with several producers, including Tricky Stewart (Beyonce, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, and Justin Bieber), on the project.
"I am really proud to have Melanie Amaro on the Epic Records rosted," said L.A. Reid. "As the winner of the first season of The X Factor she is a proven champion who is destined for success."
Simon Cowell echoed Reid's sentiments, and predicted big things for the Virgin Islands vocalist.
"She's someone who can sell records all over the world, and I think she's got longevity," he said. "She's got that star ability, and she's tough."
Since winning the singing competition, Amaro appeared in a Pepsi commercial alongside Elton John as she belted Aretha Franklin's "Respect." Amaro was also nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the category "Choice Female Reality TV Star."
The X Factor returns Sept. 12 with new judges Spears and Demi Lovato.
Listen to the new track, an upbeat pop tune (with a bit of auto-tune) below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack