'X Factor's' Diamond White on Her Surprise Return and Having 2 Days to Rehearse
The 13-year-old singer says of her competitors: “If I were in their shoes, I’d kind of be shaken up a little bit.”
Fan favorite Diamond White re-entered the fray on Wednesday’s X Factor after being sent home in the first week of live competition. The twist was revealed in the show’s opening, in which judge Simon Cowell told the audience that it was a “mistake” to eliminate White.
Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter after her performance, White revealed that she had just two days to prepare for the live show. After receiving a call from mentor Britney Spears on Monday, during what White thought was her final exit interview, the 13-year-old was rushed back into the competition.
“Seriously, that night I got rushed back to the mansion, rushed into rehearsals, and I was like, ‘Oh my gosh,’ I had to get used to it,” White says, admitting that she is thrilled to be returning to “early mornings and late nights.”
“That sounds horrible, but it’s not. It’s what I want to do, and I’m so happy that I got it back,” she adds.
Fellow teen Beatrice Miller tells THR that the competitors were called into a house meeting when they learned that White was returning.
“We were all sitting in the house; it was a giant group meeting,” she recalls, noting that a producer came in to deliver the news before White made her entrance. “It was really exciting, and I’m really glad she’s back cause she really does deserve to be here.”
Although Miller says she’s not worried about her chances for the crown being lowered, White says she wouldn’t be surprised if fellow contestants were nervous about her return.
“If I were in their shoes, I’d be shaken up a little bit,” she says. “I think I brought a little bit of fear to people.”
What did you think of White’s performance of “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston? Tell us in the comments below.
See who will be eliminated by America’s votes on Thursday’s episode, airing at 8 p.m. EST/PST on Fox.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws