'X Factor' Previews New Four Chair Challenge Ahead of Broadcast Debut (Video)
The Four Chair Challenge kicks off tonight on Fox.
Fox has released a sneak-peek of The X Factor’s hotly-anticipated “Four Chair Challenge,” which commences with Wednesday’s 8 p.m. broadcast.
The clip includes a voiceover by host Mario Lopez, explaining the trials and tribulations that the remaining 40 acts will face in the challenge.
"4 chairs, 10 acts, but who will be left at the end?" the foreboding subtitles read.
"Category-by-category, one-by-one, the acts will perform," intones Lopez as the ominous strains of Queen's "We Will Rock You" plays in the background. "Then, their mentor must decide whether or not to give them a seat or send them straight home."
However, nobody is safe until all 10 acts in their category have performed. Translation: even if a contestant already has a seat, their mentor could switch him or her out if a competitor sways the mentor's decision.
"Nobody is safe until the end," warns Simon Cowell.
"It's never been so emotional, so dramatic, and so intense," concludes Lopez.
The "Four Chair Challenge" episodes will air over the next two weeks. The show will take a one-week baseball-related hiatus before moving into the live shows.
Watch the clip below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR