'X Factor's' Marcus Canty Drops First Single: 'Won't Make A Fool Out Of You' (Audio)
Ahead of its iTunes release, the fox competition alum's first song hits radio stations on Monday.
X Factor’s Marcus Canty dropped his first single, “Won’t Make a Fool Out of You,” on radio stations Monday and, of course, it hit the web soon after.
“Love my team! Sorry y'all single drops on radio today ONLY! No iTunes!” he tweets excitedly. “Let me know if you hear it in your city and I will retweet! #Blessed!”
While on the show, the Bowie, Md. native’s R&B style and energetic stage presence earned him comparisons to Bobby Brown and even Al Green. He became a force to be reckoned with making it to the top four in the competition’s inaugural season after surpassing several strong singers from Simon Cowell's team, including Rachel Crow.
Canty signed to mentor L.A. Reid’s Epic Records in January joining fellow X Factor alums Chris Rene, Astro, and Season 1 winner Melanie Amaro.
Rene also recently released a streaming version of his original song, "Young Homie." Astro is currently in the studio working on his debut album with several producers including Pharrell Williams in Miami.
Listen to Canty's first single below and tell us what you think of it in the comments section.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR