'X Factor' Judge Accused of Attacking 24-Year-Old Man in Nightclub Bathroom
Louis Walsh says he we will "cooperate fully" with police inquiries and is "100 percent confident" he will be exonerated.
London - British X-Factor judge Louis Walsh has angrily rejected accusations that he indecently assaulted a young man in the bathroom of a Dublin nightclub.
Walsh, the affable yet somewhat volatile 59-year old impresario behind such hit boy bands as Westlife, Boyzone and Jedward, said in a statement that the accusations were unfounded.
"The allegations made against me are wholy false and with no foundation. I will happily co-operate fully with the police and I am 100 percent confident that I will be fully exonerated," he said in a statement.
Walsh, the last of the original judges on the UK show after Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole left this year's line-up is hugely popular with British audiences, with a reputation for supporting the underdog and for taking distinctly less sardonic tone than Cowell when faced with poor performers.
Irish police are understood to be examining CCTV footage of the nightclub in an effort to establish the truth after a 24-year made a complaint against the competition judge.
According to reports in The Sun the man told police he had spent time with Walsh in Dublin's Russell Court Hotel and the adjoining Krystle nightclub, where he claimed he was attacked in a toilet.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR