Menudo Alum Gives 'X Factor' Judges 'Very Sexy' Audition
Did the Fox reality show tryouts in Providence, R.I., provide Troy Kurtis a second chance at stardom?
Former Menudo star Troy Kurtis crooned his way into the The X Factor auditions in Providence, R.I., on Wednesday.
Kurtis, 31, reportedly seduced judges Britney Spears and Demi Lovato with a hot performance, singing entirely in Spanish, reports People.
Spears said the singer’s audition was “very sexy,” and judge L.A. Reid teased that Lovato was “sweating” and “giggling” due to Kurtis’ commanding stage presence.
Kurtis told the judges of the Fox show that being a member of Menudo wasn’t as glamorous as one would expect.
"I never had any mentors," he said. "I left my house at 16 because my stepfather told me to shut up when I would sing. I feel like I'm just getting started."
Meanwhile, reports are swirling that Spears may be emerging as a tougher judge than Simon Cowell. Spears has been quoted as telling hopefuls that they are too “boring" and that they "have potential ... [but just are not] great."
Here is a look at the judge’s arrivals in Providence on June 27, courtesy of The Providence Journal:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting