'X Factor': Khloe Kardashian Blames Hurricane Sandy for 'Nipply' Wardrobe Malfunction
The star also reveals what husband Lamar Odom said about sheer blouse following the broadcast.
Khloe Kardashian certainly made an impression on her first outing as host of The X Factor.
Sure, the reality star gained cred with her quick wit and fearlessness during her live debut on Wednesday, but she also drew a significant amount of chatter for her choice in wardrobe. Donning a sheer purple blouse without a bra, Kardashian even prompted judge Simon Cowell to make a crack about the air conditioning at one point during the broadcast.
Following Thursday’s elimination show, Kardashian explained why Hurricane Sandy is actually to blame for the incident.
“I don’t mind that he talked about it because it was there,” she told reporters, referencing Cowell’s joke. “What happened was… everything got moved up because of the hurricane and my stuff got stuck on the East Coast, so the top I wanted to wear came in that day and I was like ‘Oh, perfect!’”
But the top didn’t come in quite in time for the dress rehearsal, meaning the first time she appeared on stage in that nude-lined blouse was while cameras were rolling.
After stepping out into the lights, Kardashian reveals that while Cowell was pointing to his own chest, producers were yelling “areolas!” in her ear.
“I was like, covering it with my hair and I thought, from my angle, maybe it was just… nipply,” she said.
After the show, Kardashian rushed off to watch her husband, Lamar Odom, and the Los Angeles Clippers win their game against the Memphis Grizzlies at the Staples Center.
“We celebrated,” she recalled. “Lamar didn’t get to see the show live so he watched it [Thursday] and I just forgot to tell him about my shirt malfunction… He texted me and he was like, ‘Um… make sure you’re not showing your nipples tonight.’ He was like, ‘Thanks for telling me about that.’”
Perhaps Odom will give his two cents on what his wife should wear next week, as Kardashian says he’ll be in the audience for Wednesday’s show.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@thr.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera