'X Factor' Alum Rachel Crow Takes on 'Mean Girls' in New Video
The first single by the plucky 14-year-old singer and Nickelodeon star tackles the serious issue of bullying.
X Factor finalist Rachel Crow was always one to smile during the show's inaugural season, but in her new video, "Mean Girls," she takes on a very serious subject: bullying.
Crow says she wrote the song, which appears on her forthcoming self-titled EP, as a message to both young adults victimized by bullies and the perpetrators themselves.
The 14-year-old singer, who first wowed judge Simon Cowell and millions of TV viewers with a cover of Duffy’s “Mercy,” recently signed a deal with Nickelodeon and Columbia Records. She made her Nick debut on Fred: The Show. This week, Crow guest stars on Big Time Rush playing an obsessed fan.
That's no coincidence casting -- Crow will join BTR and pop-singer Cody Simpson on tour starting July 5 in Ohio.
Watch the "Mean Girls" video below:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)