'X Factor': Simon Cowell Rained Out of Charleston Auditions?
The Fox show's head judge battles flooding and traffic to make the new panel's first round of try-outs in South Carolina.
Auditions for the third season of The X Factor are underway in Charleston, South Carolina, but head judge Simon Cowell nearly didn't make it.
Heavy rains in the area caused flooding and traffic problems which delayed the salty Brit from making the May 21 at the North Charleston Coliseum.
Cowell tweeted his frustration, writing: “Stuck on an island. Flooded in. Can’t get to the venue.”
There didn’t seem to be any worries on the new panel, however, as Demi Lovato and new judges Kelly Rowland and Paulina Rubio (pictured) handled their duties with aplomb -- and humor.
“Ooooh, I’ll be Simon,” joked Rowland as she plopped into the boss’ chair.
Not long after, Cowell breezed into the venue with his usual smirk and charm ready to go. “Is it a coincidence that when I arrive, everything gets better?” he asked.
The show's head judge and creator took a seat just in time to shoot down the hopes and dreams of one vocalist with a traditional Cowell-ism: “That’s four no’s, congratulations.”
Auditions for the show continue in Charleston on Wednesday, May 21.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)