'The X Factor': Simon Cowell Wanted Mariah Carey on Judges' Panel
Executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz also declines comment on Simon Fuller's lawsuit over fees for the upcoming singing competition series.
The X Factor’s Simon Cowell confirmed Friday that he had his eye on singer Mariah Carey to join the Fox reality series judges’ panel.
“She’s been very enthusiastic about the show, but then she selfishly got pregnant, which is why she didn't end up as a judge,” Cowell said Friday at the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour stop in Beverly Hills.
Carey gave birth to twins with husband Nick Cannon on April 30.
Cowell, appearing via satellite, noted that Carey could very well likely join the singing competition series at some point, potentially as a mentor for one of the four teams featured on the show but declined to provide additional details.
Cowell told The Hollywood Reporter in May that that “All she has to do is call me, and I’ll work out a deal. I think she’ll have a presence on one of my shows.”
Fielding a question about the pending lawsuit between American Idol creator Simon Fuller and Fox over fees for X Factor, executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz noted that “lawsuits are the cost of doing business in this country,” without providing further comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR