'X Factor' Winner Tate Stevens Inks Record Deal
The season two winner will record his debut album in Nashville.
X Factor winner Tate Stevens officially signed a record deal with Syco Music/RCA Records Nashville, according to a release.
The 37-year old Missouri native, who never came in less than second place during the entire competition, is currently in Nashville recording his debut release, which is due this spring. Stevens was crowned the victor of the show's $5 million recording contract in December.
Stevens, who was mentored by L.A. Reid in the Over 25's category, told The Hollywood Reporter in December that he was looking forward to his time in Nashville, and expressed a desire to write with country songwriters Luke Laird and Kim Tribble.
Stevens previously recorded an independent CD in 2008.
Pictured below (from left): Sony Music Nashville Chairman & CEO Gary Overton, Stevens, Ken Levitan (Vector Management), Sony Music Nashville VP A&R Jim Catino, Michelle Owens (Vector Management).
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)