'X Factor' Winner Tate Stevens Inks Record Deal
The season two winner will record his debut album in Nashville.
X Factor winner Tate Stevens officially signed a record deal with Syco Music/RCA Records Nashville, according to a release.
The 37-year old Missouri native, who never came in less than second place during the entire competition, is currently in Nashville recording his debut release, which is due this spring. Stevens was crowned the victor of the show's $5 million recording contract in December.
Stevens, who was mentored by L.A. Reid in the Over 25's category, told The Hollywood Reporter in December that he was looking forward to his time in Nashville, and expressed a desire to write with country songwriters Luke Laird and Kim Tribble.
Stevens previously recorded an independent CD in 2008.
Pictured below (from left): Sony Music Nashville Chairman & CEO Gary Overton, Stevens, Ken Levitan (Vector Management), Sony Music Nashville VP A&R Jim Catino, Michelle Owens (Vector Management).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR