'X Factor's' Astro Apologizes for On-Air Outburst
The 15-year-old rapper explained his behavior on Thursday night's live results show on his Facebook page.
On Thursday, Nov. 17's live X Factor results show, Brian "Astro" Bradley came under fire for giving attitude to judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger, after falling into the botom two places alongside contestant Stacy Francis (who was ultimately sent home).
Saturday, the 15-year-old rapper, who gave a half-hearted performance on the show after initially saying he didn't want to rap for people who didn't want to hear him, used his Facebook page to explain his actions.
Writing on his "The Astronomical Kid" profile, Bradley said, "I seriously apologize to my fans, what I said and my emotions weren't directed toward you. I'm 15 and I think I know everything, but the truth is, I don't, and I handled the situation wrong! Win or lose next week, I will make you all proud!?"
He also explained, "What I do, I do for the love of Hip-Hop and my fans, and I would never doing anything to hurt either."
He went on to compare his actions to that of boxing great, Muhammad Ali. "I believed I was being mistreated, and in the moment I thought about Ali's moment. I want to be the new ambassador for Hip-Hop and a leader of a new young movement of positive kids, but to be that I must have Integrity and Honor first! People are saying I'm "cocky" and "arrogant", well maybe I have watched too many [sic] Muhammed Ali films or maybe I grew up having to fight my way home everyday or battle on street corners of Brooklyn for respect. My guards are always up, and maybe I took the situation too heavy."
After her elimination, Francis commented on Astro's save by the judges, calling it "a hard pill to swallow."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)