'X-Files' Creator Chris Carter Lands Pilot Order at Amazon
"The After" takes place the moment after the apocalypse and hails from Georgeville TV.
The X-Files creator Chris Carter is nearing a return to the small screen.
Amazon has picked up to pilot The After, a post-apocalyptic drama that Carter is attached to write and direct, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The drama takes place the moment after the apocalypse and hails from Georgeville TV. Georgeville founders Marc Rosen and Reliance's Motion Picture Capital previously worked with Carter on The After in October when the project was shopped to buyers at MIPCOM.
Carter spent nearly a decade at the helm of the David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson vehicle, which ran from 1993 to 2002. The series not only helped put host network Fox on the map but also defined it as a destination for edgy, quality fare.
For Amazon, this marks the latest scripted project to earn a pilot pickup. It joins Jeffrey Tambor vehicle Transparent and football comedy The Outlaws. Amazon previously ordered Alpha House and Betas to series in May after letting viewers screen and decide which of its 14 projects should move forward. The streaming service also grenelit three children's series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack