Xbox Developing 'Halo' Digital Series
The project is separate from Steven Spielberg's live-action "Halo" series.
Xbox's prolific Halo franchise is getting another reboot.
Xbox Entertainment Studios, 343 Industries and Scott Free Productions are developing a Halo digital feature that will be released later this year. Ridley Scott and Scott Free TV president David Zucker will executive produce the project and Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (Heroes) will direct.
Microsoft hasn't released many details about the project, but it set a precedent with 2012's Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a digital series that was released via YouTube multichannel network Machinima.
The digital series is separate from the Halo project that Xbox Entertainment Studios is developing with executive producer Steven Spielberg. Part of Xbox's foray into original programming, that project will be a scripted, live-action series.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)