'So You Think You Can Dance' Champion Melanie Moore Did Not Expect to Win
"I was ready to take second," the season 8 dancer said.
So You Think You Can Dance crowned Melanie Moore the season eight winner on Thursday night, and less than 24 hours later, Moore’s head is probably still spinning.
The dancer, from Marietta, Georgia, spoke to reporters after her win was announced, and admitted that she did not expect to win.
"I was ready to take second very graciously," Moore said.
"In my head I really thought Sasha was going to win, just because she has improved so much over the competition,” she told Us Weekly. "When [Cat Deeley] called my name I lost it, I just started crying!"
Moore, who has been dancing since she was two years old, won over America on Thursday, beating second place contestant Sasha Mallory; Marko Germar, who came in third; and fourth-place finisher Tadd Guadduang. She won $250,000 and a sponsorship deal.
Moore, who was a student at Fordham University in New York, says she plans to use the prize money to return to school.
Moore will embark on a tour with her fellow So You Think You Can Dance contestants starting on Sept. 19 in New Orleans and running through Nov. 17, wrapping in Glendale, Ariz.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR