Zooey Deschanel Launches Production Company, Inks First-Look Deal at 'New Girl' Studio
Deschanel and her Hello Giggles partner Sophia Rossi will focus on developing comedies and dramas as part of the two-year deal.
New Girl star Zooey Deschanel is getting serious about producing.
She and her Hello Giggles partner Sophia Rossi not only have launched a production shingle but inked a first-look deal with New Girl studio 20th Century Fox Television, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. As part of the two-year deal, the duo will be focused on developing both comedy and drama fare.
Had New Girl writer-producer J.J. Philbin's comedy Must Be Nice been ordered to pilot at Fox, Deschanel, Rossi and the femme-focused Hello Giggles website co-founder Molly McAleer would have served as executive producers on the potential series. The half-hour project, from 20th TV and New Girl's Chernin Entertainment, explored the generation gap between two women who are only seven years apart when a chaotic, single 27-year-old moves in with her more responsible, 34-year-old married sister.
Deschanel, who has a producer credit on New Girl, is repped by UTA, Seven Summits and Hanson Jacobson.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR