Zooey Deschanel Launches Production Company, Inks First-Look Deal at 'New Girl' Studio
Deschanel and her Hello Giggles partner Sophia Rossi will focus on developing comedies and dramas as part of the two-year deal.
New Girl star Zooey Deschanel is getting serious about producing.
She and her Hello Giggles partner Sophia Rossi not only have launched a production shingle but inked a first-look deal with New Girl studio 20th Century Fox Television, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. As part of the two-year deal, the duo will be focused on developing both comedy and drama fare.
Had New Girl writer-producer J.J. Philbin's comedy Must Be Nice been ordered to pilot at Fox, Deschanel, Rossi and the femme-focused Hello Giggles website co-founder Molly McAleer would have served as executive producers on the potential series. The half-hour project, from 20th TV and New Girl's Chernin Entertainment, explored the generation gap between two women who are only seven years apart when a chaotic, single 27-year-old moves in with her more responsible, 34-year-old married sister.
Deschanel, who has a producer credit on New Girl, is repped by UTA, Seven Summits and Hanson Jacobson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR