Writer-director Asghar Farhadi proves it is possible to tell a morally complex story, depicting the rights and wrongs of each character’s journey.
Editor's note: This film was originally reviewed at the Berlin Film Festival and published on Feb. 15, 2011 under the title Nader and Simin, A Separation.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed