The threequel, which stars Martin Lawrence and "Tropic Thunder's" Brandon T. Jackson, won't likely disappoint fans of men-in-drag comedy but doesn't offer much that’s original or funny.
You get two Big Mommas for the price of one in Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, where Martin Lawrence’s FBI agent, forever undercover as a girth-challenged woman, passes the torch -- no, make that a fat suit and wig -- to a stepson who joins him in drag. This is not a case of doubling the fun so much as an anxious attempt to revive a franchise running out of gas.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed