The animated sequel boasts an all-star voice cast that includes Hayden Panettiere, Glenn Close, Joan Cusack, Bill Hader, Amy Poehler, Andy Dick, Brad Garrett, Martin Short, Patrick Warburton, Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong and Wayne Newton.
We have only 3D to blame for the arrival, six years after the original, of Hoodwinked Too! Hood Vs. Evil, one of the most obnoxious and least necessary animated films of the century thus far; obnoxious because of the relentlessness with which it slams witless gags in the viewer's face and unnecessary because, with a domestic box office take of $51 million, the 2005 original didn't exactly demand an encore. Business this time around will likely fall in the same ballpark, although many who pay advanced prices will themselves feel hoodwinked by the entirely unremarkable 3D results on display.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed