Matthew McConaughey, John Leguizamo, Ryan Phillippe, William H. Macy and Marisa Tomei star in the movie based on Michael Connelly's first Mickey Haller novel.
The hands behind The Lincoln Lawyer are all old ones when it comes to crime. Screenwriter John Romano served time as writer-producer on Hills Street Blues, L.A. Law and Monk, while director Brad Furman turned to crime in his first feature, The Take. Meanwhile, the film is based on the first Mickey Haller novel by ace crime novelist Michael Connelly, who literally reinvented the L.A. noir novel with his realistic procedural series starring iconoclastic police detective Harry Bosch and now his Lincoln Lawyer series featuring attorney-at-law Michael "Mick" Haller.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed