Less a sequel than a superfluous remake, “Paranormal Activity 2” takes everything that was unique about the original and simply tries to do it again.
Technically accomplished in its fake video-verite style but artistically bankrupt, the film — judging by the derisive jeers that erupted during the end credits at an opening-day screening — is not likely to incite the passionate fervor generated by its predecessor.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed