The movie has a cheerful good nature and a solid cast of youngsters — including Aimee Teegarden and Thomas McDonell — but any resemblance between this and real high school is, of course, purely coincidental.
Walt Disney’s Prom breaks no new ground in the high school comedy genre, nor does it want to. The theory seems to be that if you cast perky young actors, who play their roles with the thorough conviction that this is all fresh, then equally young audiences will go along with it. They probably will at that.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed