Smirks meet semi-automatics in "Red," a comics-derived action flick that offers self-conscious casting and a wink here and there without feeling as jokey as, say, "Knight and Day."
Although tailor-made for genre fans, it benefits from flavors of humor and romance that keep its appeal from being fanboy-only.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed