The real suspense generated by "Season of the Witch," a supernatural thriller set in the 14th century, comes from a single source: How far will the filmmakers go to the dark side, which is to say, total camp?
As a motley crew of thinly written characters journeys across Plague-ridden Europe, the tilt is increasingly campy, but the line that finally decides things is this: "We're going to need more holy water."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed