A dead-ringer for "Groundhog Day" only with a sci-fi twist and none of the laughs.
His career is only two movies old, but director Duncan Jones seems to specialize in science fiction that reminds you very much of other movies. Moon (2009) certainly evoked 2001 for many critics and now he delivers Source Code, a dead-ringer for Groundhog Day, only without the laughs. Still if you’re going to redo a classic -- after 18 years that’s not too far-fetched a designation, is it? -- Source Code makes several clever adjustments, the most important being the insertion a ticking clock into a series of events running in a continual loop.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed