Director Zack Snyder's storytelling skills remain in question in his latest CGI spectacular.
Certain to create a gaping divide between generational and aesthetic camps, Sucker Punch is a largely grim and unpleasant display of technical wizardry wrapped around a story that purports to be inspirational. Enshrouded in a fantastical and dark, heavy metal mindset and populated by characters that resemble standbys in a road company of Showgirls, Zack Snyder's latest CGI action spectacular is constructed to allow for any kind of flight of fancy he can dream up.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed