Universal Shifts 'Les Miserables' Release Date
The musical starring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway will open Christmas Day.
Universal Pictures is shifting the release date of the screen adaptation of the musical Les Miserables from its previously scheduled opening date of Dec. 14 to Dec. 25.
On Christmas Day, the studio's awards hopeful starring Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway will face off against the openings of The Weinstein Co.'s period picture Django Unchained and Paramount's comedy The Guilt Trip. The date recently became a little more open when Warner Bros. postponed The Great Gatsby until next summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack