Sara Canning, Aaron Ashmore Cast in Canadian Indie 'I Put a Hit on You'
"The Vampires Diaries" star plays a brokenhearted woman who teams up with her ex-boyfriend to stop the hitman she drunkenly hired to kill him.
TORONTO – The Vampire Dairies' Sara Canning has jumped on board the dark romantic comedy I Put a Hit on You, the feature film debut of Dane Clark and Linsey Stewart.
Canning is to play a broken-hearted woman who goes on Craigslist in a drunken stupor to arrange a hit on her ex-boyfriend, played by Aaron Ashmore (Warehouse 13), only to then attempt to stop the hitman from carrying out the contract.
The online-posting-disaster feature from Lithium Studios Productions and Dark Hope Entertainment is set to start shooting in Toronto on November 20.
I Put a Hit on You is produced by Mike MacMillan and Jordan Gross.
Writer/directors Clark and Stewart earlier worked together on two short films, Long Branch and Margo Lily.
Canning also stars in the Canadian sci-fi drama Primeval: New World.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR