10 Dark Lipstick to Get the Look From Dior's #PFW Runway
The Vamp is Back: Move over, no makeup-makeup. At Dior's fall ready-to-wear presentation, models showed that a nearly-black pucker is the statement lip of the season.
To create what he calls "an extreme shade of plum," Dior’s image and creative director for makeup, Peter Philips, lined and filled lips with Diorshow Pro Liner in Pro Black (yes, black eyeliner; $32), topped that with Rouge Dior lipstick in Poison (a deep plum available in August), and then added a shiny topcoat of clear Dior Addict Gloss in Bulle (available later this month).
Ready to recreate this fierce look? Keep the rest of the makeup elegant — think thick lashes and bare lids (not '90s-reminiscent heavy eye makeup) and a swipe of one of these 10 bold lippies.
1. Chanel Rouge Coco in 456 Erik; $37, at chanel.com
2. Tom Ford Lip Color in Bruised Plum; $52, at tomford.com
3. Dior Addict Lipstick in 987 Black Tie; $35, at neimanmarcus.com
4. Christian Louboutin Silky Satin lipstick in Sevillana; $90, at christianlouboutin.com
5. Lipstick Queen Bete Noire Possessed Intense lipstick; $40, at lipstickqueen.com
6. Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Scandal 226; $30, at sephora.com
7. Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Plum Role; $21, at sephora.com
8. Surratt Automatique Lip Crayon in 5: Séductrice; $34 at barneys.com
9. Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge D’Armani Lipstick in shade 602; $37, at giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com
10. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Ingrid; $32, at nars.com