10 Secret Rules of Hollywood Philanthropy
More than just a fancy party, a charitable event is a political minefield.
Ask an insider and they'll tell you that relationships are the fuel that propels Hollywood's film and television industries. But those businesses are as impersonal as a credit-card call center compared to the town's frenetic charity scene. Hollywood's fantastically busy -- and generous -- fund-raising sector knows no season and supports everything from cancer research to Afghan women's rights with an intricate web of reciprocal invitations and obligations. Galas and premieres are the social nexus around which Hollywood's charities and activism are organized. But they are always works in progress until the black-tie crowd begins entering the hall. These tips from Hollywood's most experienced organizers explain the etiquette behind doing good in L.A. and how to ensure a successful -- which is to say, lucrative -- event.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'The Middle': Sue Never Saw This Secret Crush Coming, Or His Perspective Of Her
- Aisha Tyler Calls Kanye West 'The Straight, Black Liberace' (VIDEO)
- Evangeline Lilly Not Too Happy With Women's Health's 'Best Butt Ever' Claim (VIDEO)
- 'The X Factor': Alex And Sierra Make Destiny's Child 'Say My Name' Their Own (VIDEO)