10 Over-the-Top Shoes We Loved in 2015
From Kendall Jenner's knee-high Sophia Webster gladiator stilettos to the custom Swarovski crystal-encrusted ankle booties that Katy Perry rocked at the Super Bowl, it was a good year for chic shoes.
In 2015, celebrity footwear was about bold architectural moments, understated neutrals, custom bling and design details from gold-cap toes to extreme lacing.
This year's red-carpet shoe choices not only reflected the mood of the world in general, but also predict a trend of embracing new shapes and vibrant colors, as well as statement shoes, which we will continue to see in the mass market for 2016.
We're looking forward to more whimsy this awards season and beyond — but first, 10 of our favorite celeb styles from the past year in shoes:
1. Gwen Stefani's 'Walcot' Stiletto Sandal with Metallic details from L.A.M.B
2. Celeb Stylist Anita Patrickson's Valentino Mary Jane Booties
3. Dita von Teese's Custom Christian Louboutin Pink Sparkle Cowboy Boots
4. Marion Cotillard's Dior Graphic Platform Stilettos
5. Victoria Beckham's Francesco Russo Stilettos
6. Alison Sudol (a.k.a. A Fine Frenzy)'s Thick Leather Sandals (with Bee Socks)
7. Katy Perry's Super Bowl Custom Sparkle Booties from Phil De Luca and Erin Lareau
8. Kate Middleton's Nude Jimmy Choo Stilettos
9. Kendall Jenner's Gladiator Sophia Webster Stiletto Sandals
10. Kelly Osbourne's Jerome C. Rousseau 'Flickr" Stilettos with Gold Cap toe