11th Mumbai Fest set for October
Paul Schrader to serve on festival jury
MUMBAI -- The 11th Mumbai Film Festival will be held October 29 to November 5, organized by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image in association with Reliance Big Entertainment.
In a joint statement Thursday, MAMI and RBE said this year’s festival will include jury members Paul Schrader (writer of “Taxi Driver”) and award-winning Iranian filmmaker Jafar Panahi.
MMF will see veteran Indian filmmaker/actor Shashi Kapoor honored with a lifetime achievement award, while the festival’s closing ceremony will see an international achievement award given to acclaimed Greek filmmaker Theo Angelopoulos.
The festival features sections such as International Competition for the First Feature Films of Directors (with a cash award of about US$ 100,000); World Cinema; Indian Showcase; Dimensions Mumbai (for short films on the theme of “Mumbai, the Metropolis”) and Retrospectives.
A new introduction this year is a US$20,000 Audience Choice Award.
Also included in MFF’s program is a special exhibition and retrospective to commemorate 60 years of veteran Bollywood banner Navketan Films headed by film-maker/actor Dev Anand.
MFF will be held at the Fun Republic multiplex and RBE-owned Metro Big Cinema, among other cinemas in Mumbai.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram