11th Mumbai Fest set for October
Paul Schrader to serve on festival jury
MUMBAI -- The 11th Mumbai Film Festival will be held October 29 to November 5, organized by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image in association with Reliance Big Entertainment.
In a joint statement Thursday, MAMI and RBE said this year’s festival will include jury members Paul Schrader (writer of “Taxi Driver”) and award-winning Iranian filmmaker Jafar Panahi.
MMF will see veteran Indian filmmaker/actor Shashi Kapoor honored with a lifetime achievement award, while the festival’s closing ceremony will see an international achievement award given to acclaimed Greek filmmaker Theo Angelopoulos.
The festival features sections such as International Competition for the First Feature Films of Directors (with a cash award of about US$ 100,000); World Cinema; Indian Showcase; Dimensions Mumbai (for short films on the theme of “Mumbai, the Metropolis”) and Retrospectives.
A new introduction this year is a US$20,000 Audience Choice Award.
Also included in MFF’s program is a special exhibition and retrospective to commemorate 60 years of veteran Bollywood banner Navketan Films headed by film-maker/actor Dev Anand.
MFF will be held at the Fun Republic multiplex and RBE-owned Metro Big Cinema, among other cinemas in Mumbai.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!