$12,000 A Bottle & Up
In Las Vegas, high rollers slake their thirst at the tables with rare scotch, whiskey and cognacs at ultra-premium prices.
At the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas in October, they opened a bottle of scotch. Brand ambassador Lorne Cousin poured one dram (1.5 oz) of the whiskey -- which had reposed in a single hogshead for 50 years at The Balvenie Distillery in Banffshire, Scotland -- and then carefully divvied it up for each person present to taste a few drops. This is one of only 10 bottles of The Balvenie 50-year imported into the U.S., and it comes with a suggested retail price of $30,000. That's $3,400 a pour.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR