13-Year-Old Jeopardy Winner Cast in 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close'
Precocious Thomas Horn will play Oskar Schell in the Sandra Bullock-Tom Hanks starrer.
13-year-old Thomas Horn -- who won $31,800 in prize money on Jeopardy in October -- has been cast to play the young lead in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Horn will act alongside Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks in the big screen adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer’s novel, which focuses on precocious Oskar Schell's struggle with his father's death in the World Trade Center on 9/11. In the novel, Schell discovers a key in his father's belongings and sets off to discover what it unlocks. RELATED: The latest movie and TV casting news.
Scott Rudin is producing the movie. It will be a Paramount and Warner Bros. co-production, helmed by Stephen Daldry (who also adapted The Hours and The Reader).
Eric Roth, who last wrote The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, penned the adaptation.
Horn wagered $12,000 Kids Jeopardy this fall, winning the show and a trip to Alaska for his family. He lives in California and is repped by ICM. RELATED: Which actress will star in the new Snow White?
When asked on the show what questions he didn't think he could answer, he said, "Pop culture, so I didn't want them to ask anything about that."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10