13th Street, KidsCo head to Australia
Universal Global Networks channel launch Nov. 15
HONG KONG -- Universal Global Networks is to launch two of its entertainment channels – 13th Street and Children's KidsCo -- on Australia's Austar and Foxtel pay TV platforms starting November 15.
13th Street is a channel focused on procedural drama, crime and suspense programs, and has been operated by Universal in Europe and elsewhere. KidsCo, a joint venture involving NBC Universal, Cookie Jar Group and Corus Entertainment, is a channel for pre-schoolers and boys and girls aged 6-10, with animation and live-action programming from its owners.
"We remain committed to expanding our presence in this growth region and are very excited to begin delivering a strong local version of our globally successful 13th Street brand to Australian audiences," said Roma Khanna, president of global networks and digital initiatives. She said that NBC Universal remains committed to operating over 100 channels internationally by 2010.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!