TLC's '19 Kids and Counting' Family Target of an Extortion Plot
The Duggar family was reportedly threatened with the release of photos of one of their members in "intimate situations."
The Duggars typically make the news because of a baby, but this week, the famed family who are stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting, made headlines for another reason. Extortion.
According to federal court documents, Iowa resident Teresa Hunt has been arrested on suspicion of attempting to extort the family, who live in Tontitown, Ark.
Radar Online reports that Hunt was allegedly demanding the cancellation of the TLC show or $10,000 from the network's parent company, Discovery Communications in exchange for not releasing photos of one of the Duggars in "apparently intimate situations."
The arrest was made Feb. 4 by a federal agent posing as a representative from Discovery.
According to Radar, the Duggar family member in question was 25-year-old Amy Duggar, who is actually the daughter of patriarch Jim Bob's older sister.
Recently the TLC stars were in Iowa to campaign for GOP candidate Rick Santorum.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)